Every team plays to get into the playoffs, a true shot at winning the league title. And nothing is better than a home playoff match. Real San Jose has that home playoff match, sort of. Here’s the situation.
Four teams from the NorthWest Conference advance to the UPSL playoffs. Three teams have already qualified (Victory FC, Boise FC, and Western Nevada). Only RSJ and Magic Valley can claim the last spot and these teams play this Saturday evening at PAL Stadium with the winner advancing to the playoffs. It is that simple “win and you are in.” The first round of the UPSL playoffs consists of an inter-division round where 1st place hosts 4th place and 2nd place hosts 3rd place. The Winners advance to the National Playoffs.
Here is the complete playoff scenario for RSJ:
1. Win: Guaranteed 4th place in Division and a playoff match on the road with #1 California Victory FC. A second win in the last regular season match with CD Aguiluchos will put RSJ in 3rd place and a road game at #2 Boise FC.
2. Tie: RSJ must win versus CD Aguiluchos USA on July 1 at PAL Stadium.
3. Loss: RSJ out.
1. The unexpected loss to CD Pampers in Oakland last Saturday hurt RSJ only if the team loses against Magic Valley.
2. Magic Valley defeated RSJ 4-2 in Idaho on May 13.
3. Expect a lot of goals in Saturday’s big match as neither team has shown they care little about playing defense. RSJ has conceded 29 goals in 14 matches and Magic Valley has conceded 35 goals in 15 matches.
4. RSJ Official game jersey will be on Sale at the match for only $40. The only way to purchase any RSJ supporter items is to be at a home game.